If you look at the May 2015 report and then this June report you will notice a big disparity on the May numbers. Either infographics got the info wrong on the June report, or the May. When July’s comes out we will see if the numbers get corrected. I think its safe to say, from multiple sources, that the MEDIAN PRICE of California homes is still in an upward trend. What do you think?
For those who follow the affordability levels here in California will notice that house affordability is DOWN 2%…
- median home price: June 2014:
- Pending Home Sales Index:
June 2014: Decreased 2.8 percent from 110.1 in May to 107 in June.
Calif. Traditional Housing Affordability Index: Second Quarter 2014: 30 percent (Source: C.A.R.)
- California: $451,160
- Calif. highest median home price by region/county June 2014: San Mateo, $1.12 million
- Calif. lowest median home price by region/county June 2014:
Mortgage rates: Week ending 8/7/2014 (Source: Freddie Mac)
- 30-yr. fixed: 4.14% fees/points: 0.7%
- 15-yr. fixed: 3.27% fees/points: 0.6%
- 1-yr. adjustable: 2.35% Fees/points: 0.5%